Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June 27, 2012
She says....
It has been a week since I left Vancouver, and regardless to say, I've really been missing home, missing my fiance, and missing out on the wedding planning. But Alan has been really on top of things, and that has been a huge blessing for me!
It is a little cold in Exeter in the last few days. I have been walking around town a bit, and noticed a few older couples walking around, hand-in-hand. These couples must be in their 70s or 80s at least, and it was very encouraging to see that marriage has been preserved and valued by them.
I also got a chance to find one of my bridesmaids, Linda, in the UK :) She came down to London and we hung out for less than a day, but it was good. Below is a picture of Linda, Grace (a dear Taiwanese friend), and I outside the Westminster Abbey after coming out of an evening choral service. 

-------------------------

June 25, 2012
He says...
Have been busy the last couple of days driving around and handing out invites  to people. It was fun!
Trying to keep on top of things as people RSVP to the invite. Praying that I will have good time management and that Iris will do alright in the UK, and above all, that God faithfulness remains the focus in all this planning.


-------------------------


June 5, 2012

She Says...

An inspiring quote I read today:

"In a world, live together in the forgiveness of your sins,
for without it no human fellowship,
lest of all a marriage, can survive"​

Dietrich Bonhoeffer(1953)
Letters and Papers from Prisons, 31 


-------------------------


June 2, 2012 
She Says...
"I received a video from a dear friend last week, which was a documentary made on a couple who has been married for 2-years. It's a very heart-warming, yet sorrowful, story of two 27-years-old. It also re-focuses marriage onto what is most important. You can view this video here:

"Hope it is an encouragement and an inspiration to you all, both to the married and the singles!
"The video also mentioned John Piper's book, "This Momentary Marriage". I have started reading it, and it has been a very good read. Piper wrote "The ultimate thing we can say about marriage is that it exists for God's glory. Marriage is patterned after Christ's covenant relationship to his redeemed people, the church. And therefore, the highest meaning and the most ultimate purpose of marriage is to put the covenant relationship of Christ and his church on display. That is why marriage exists." (Piper, 2009, p. 25)."


No comments:

Post a Comment